Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Show You the Ropes

I have learned many things in the years that I have walked this earth. My parents instilled values within me when I was a young girl. School teachers taught me the basics in math, English and writing. Different people influenced my religious beliefs. However, the one instruction that cannot be taught, recited or scored by others is EXPERIENCE, itself.


My father taught me how to do basic maintenance on a lawn mower/small engine. But, I did not value that knowledge of “checking the oil,” until I blew up the engine. My mother taught me how to cook. But I did not value the lesson, until I had to make food “the old fashion way” with no electricity to microwave my meal!

Parents, let kids try and fail and try again. Kids, never give up. The most valuable lesson that a person will ever learn comes from doing!

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Experience is the best teacher in life.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment