Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Sheltering Spot

I hear people talking all the time about wanting more quiet time, peace, a break and a vacation. What is so interesting to me is that when they finally receive a day off, frequently, they fill it with so many chores, activities and catch-up work that they never really stop and enjoy a break.

I started to wonder about those people that I know who do this. Do they actually know how to take a break or I wondered if they really wanted one? One author that I have read claims that people do not really want peace, a stress-free life or more free time because they would find that boring! Image that. Someone finally getting exactly what they want and then, they find it boring?

When I started to give this idea some thought, I tend to agree with the author. Look at how we have conditioned our youths to be constantly entertained and busy. With all the electronic gadgets to entertain them from cell phones, ipods, video games and computers, why should they ever sit quietly? Why do we complain about ‘these kids?” Look at their examples? We have not taught our children the necessary skills to enjoy peaceful moments because we do not show them peaceful moments, ourselves.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“It is not the amount of time that you have, it is the quality you put into the time that is important.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment