Friday, July 2, 2010

An Oxymoron

As I sit here composing the blog for today, I am struck by the very paradoxical situation that I find myself in. I selected this photo to remind us of new life and the work involved in 'feeding' our dreams and desires. How ironic that l would be holding a kitten in my lap, one of the main predatory hunters of these little birds.


So, I started thinking about our perceptions of life and death. We celebrate new life with abundance. We bring presents to the baby and mother. We are amazed at the instinctual knowledge that all newborns exhibit, whether they be human babies or other animal types. Yet, we don’t understand that death is also a transition into another new life. Death is a reason to celebrate.

With our focus and cultural reinforcements of physical life being so important, we have forgotten the religious and spiritual teachings of dying to the physical in order to gain Real Life, Immortal Life, Everlasting Life through Spirit! We have become a hostage to our physical bodies. Therefore, we suffer and mourn the loss of physical death, instead of celebrating the release from prison by our spirit.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Physical death is the transition of the Spirit from confinement into triumphant release.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment