Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Coyote Ugly

Coyotes are a nuisance to ranchers. Living in Colorado, I have encountered more people that disregard the coyote, than any other place I have lived. I have heard, “Shoot them on site.” No, I could not do that. As much as I understand the ranchers-mentality to protect livestock and all, I cannot look at one of God’s creations, like this one………….as a nuisance.


She has the right to live, hunt, care for young and co-exist, along with every other creature. She is entitled to yip and yowl in the wee hours of the night at the moon or any loud, screeching noise. He is free to run with the pack across vast expanses of land, claiming territory and breeding grounds.

Coyotes are symbolic of being the trickster. They remind us not take life so seriously all the time. They come along to teach us to balance wisdom with a good sense of humor. What we do to others, will be done to us, in return.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Who is really being tricked about the meaning of life here?” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment