Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thank you

As our lives unfold, we discover the richness that it holds. Too often, when we are younger, we are very busy getting 'here' and running 'there' that we don't pay attention to each moment.  It is the simple things in life that count.

When someone offers you a cut in line, take it graciously. If you are invited to a party, go and have fun. If you buy a new outfit, wear it out. When a compliment is bestowed, say 'thank you.'

I hear many slang terms for 'thank you.' However, I rarely hear 'thank you' at all. I know that 'it is my job' and that it is 'no problem' for you to do something for me. I also understand that 'be cool' is nice. 'Yeah, man, sure thing and whatever' do acknowledge an act of kindness but sometimes a simple "thank you" expresses more than you know.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

"It is the simply things in life that unfold to reveal the true beauty of living." tc

No comments:

Post a Comment