Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Looks can be Deceiving.

There have been a number of times in my life where I have ‘judged the book by the cover.’ Now, for anyone who has paid attention, you have learned the hard lesson that I have had to face (a few times), also. Not everyone acts on the higher standard of living. In fact, I have come across people who may look the part of trusting and kind but it is all a mask. Likewise, I have met the stereotypical ‘bad boy or bad girl’ type and found them to have a Heart of Gold.

Call it stupid, naïve, trusting or foolish but I hold a belief that inside people are good and are really trying their best, even if they prove me wrong (sometimes repeatedly). I have hope that everyone, at their given time, will awaken to the Truth of their life and be kind, thoughtful, considerate, trusting and so forth.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Don’t be fooled by the outward appearance of power and stature. One’s actions tell the truth about what’s inside, wherein one’s first impression may be filled with lies.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment