Saturday, June 19, 2010

Narrow Passage


When I look back upon my life, I honestly have to admit, that some of the decisions that I made only worked out because all the surrounding details fit together precisely at the same time, also.


Here is an example of what I mean: There was one time when I decided to move. I felt that I should leave city-life and return to the country/mountain-life that I love. Weighing my desire to move against the work involved, was intense. I had to get out of a long rental agreement that I was only a few months into. I had to find a new place to live that met the criteria for my family and I to live in. I had two kids that would require changing schools. I had a full-time job at the opposite end of the town that would increase travel time and fuel cost. I was going to night school, which meant that I would still have to return to the city once a week for classes. I also had to include the legal modifications that needed to be worked out with the courts due to parental visiting time with their father and such.

Boy, thinking about all the duties, obligations and work mounting before me was enough to make anyone feel slightly overwhelmed. However, giving the thought of moving a couple more weeks to stew in my mind, I established a game-plan, if you will. Within three months of coming to the surety that I was supposed to move, I had accomplished, without negative recourse, a new home, new renters for the old rental, a new school for the boys, a new job, the legal documentation completed and a schedule for my education.

By looking at the “Big Picture of what was required to make this move happen, I could have succumbed to the inundation of the whole change being too much to handle or deal with. But, by sorting out the step-by-step process of what became the priority duty to handle first and establishing a basic working plan, I was able to achieve the many tasks before me, seemingly effortlessly.

So, on that note, the quoted of the day is:

“When something is right for your life, you may be presented with a narrow passageway in which to travel but everything will fall into place.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment