Friday, February 19, 2010

A Warped Perspective

I used to be an extremely untrusting and fearful person. Because of my fear, I placed very high walls around myself.  I was suspicious of everyone and worked very hard to always be a step-ahead. This not only took a lot of energy but I created a very lonely environment for myself.  Looking back, I'm really not even sure what I was afraid of.  Nonetheless, this fear dominated my life.
When I learned that we create fear based upon an idea of unrealized loss, I began to look at the concept of fear very differently. People have come and gone in my life. I have moved from place to place.  The material possessions that I have owned have changed over the years.  However, no matter how I look at my past, I have to admit that I have never really lost anything!
As a matter of fact, I have gained more by opening to the vulnerabilities that come with this life, than I ever could have imagined losing by building all those protective barriers. If your Golden Rule is to 'Trust No One,' you're not even coming close to living the beautiful life you have been given. Love is the only universal Golden Rule that should be at the top of your list.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

"Fear will only guide you into a world of isolation." tc

No comments:

Post a Comment