Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celebrate your achievements. You deserve it!

I have been afraid of heights my entire life.  There is no known event in my history that would support this fear.  Yet, my fear has drawn a lot of attention to myself, prohibited certain activities that I wanted to do and increased in symptomatic behaviors as I got older.
One day, I decided to start overcoming this fear.  The only way for me to face it was head-on!  Systematically, I started going to high places, standing closer to the edge of a canyon and driving over those mountain passes, instead of sitting on the floor of the vehicle that I was in waiting to get across. 
After four years of exposure to heights, I felt that I was ready to truly celebrate overcoming this lifelong fear.  I booked a Hot Air Balloon Ride in New Mexico.  As God as my witness (and the other people in the basket), I was calm, relaxed and joyful to be experiencing the sublime feeling of floating in air like a cloud.  I would recommend this experience to everyone.

On that note, the quote of today is:

"Only take what you need, give all that you have and live fearlessly."

No comments:

Post a Comment