Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lincoln Highway

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. At the foot of this memorial in Wyoming, the plaque reads, “We must think anew and act anew.”


What an inspiring quote to come upon in my Western travels. “Think anew and act anew…………”

What does that mean? Well, I began to take a glimpse of my life and could see that major changes occurred in my life when I followed this theory. Thinking anew meant that I had to step out of the box of conditioned and expected life routines in order to advance on my journey. This practice was met by resistance from my family and friends questioning my motives for such seemingly ‘radical’ life choices. Additionally, I had to confront and overcome the learned behaviors that had once formed the principal ideals that shaped my understanding of life.

Acting anew meant that I had to brave enough to ‘walk the talk.’ It is one thing for people to espouse philosophies, ideas, practices, theories and systems. It is another thing to LIVE THEM. When I began acting anew, I felt liberated, guided, free, loved, protected and joyful at the simplicity of how life ought to be lived.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Great minds not only think-it-through, they live-it-fully.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment