Friday, October 29, 2010

Country Living

There is an attitude that permeates the actions of those living in rural America. It is a propensity towards allowing nature to operate at its rhythmic pace. Emergencies are reserved for actual life & death situations. Neighbors are often miles apart but close at heart. An appreciation for the bounty of the land is in all that they do.

As a country girl, the times that I lived in the city were unsettling to my inherent comfort of a slower pace and natural surroundings. I love to visit the city and take in the conveniences that it offers in the form of entertainment, bright lights and action but at the end of the day, where I lay my head to rest is under the twinkling stars, enveloped by fresh mountain air, expansive meadows and forests of large trees and diverse foliage.

I find a sense of peace in the energy of the countryside that radiates the harmony and balance of Mother Earth. Where ever you find peace, may it saturate your life with goodness and expand to include all that you do.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Live in peaceful harmony, full of joy and balanced in the Light.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment