Thursday, September 30, 2010

Grounding Required


Recently, I took an important exam. The results of this test held some significance due to the fact that passing the exam could highly influence my career. I was quite confident going into the testing area.  I completed the exam within the designated timeframe.

Upon finishing the test, I was quite certain that I had done well. With a little extra spring-in-my-step, I drove to my Aunt and Uncle’s house to share the good news. With both in attendance, listening to my recap of the examination, my Aunt sensed my confidence and asked if I had Aced the exam? Still feeling a bit puffed up by my belief in doing well on the test, I proudly said, “Why, yes, I believe I did.” Without missing a beat, my Aunt responded,” Oh, simple was it?”

After picking my jaw up off the floor and standing there totally dumbfounded, we all broke into belly-jiggling laughter! My Aunt gave me a big hug and attempted a weak apology through the stuttering and stammering of her explanation of what she had really meant.  This just made all of us laugh even more. 

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“When you begin to get a little too full of yourself, I hope you have someone who joyful brings you back down to earth.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment