Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ant Someone Gonna Help Me?

I was raised with the idea that “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” So, for most of my life, I did many things myself. It did not matter what chore had to be done or object hung or task accomplished, I could do it all without help.


It didn’t take too many years for me to realize that doing all this work alone was tiring. I not only had all the responsibility but I also had all the stress and all the work. How smart is that?

Was I so superior to others that no one could do things right but me? Actually, I frequently struggled with tasks that I didn’t have the skills to complete. I also recognized that this ‘superior mindset’ caused me to look down-my-nose at others. When I woke up to how this attitude was making me act, I realized that I needed to change a few things. This phrase was not correct!

Teamwork is a great way to share the work-load and complete a job quickly. When a lot of people come together, share input, knowledge, skills and time, every chore can become an accomplishment rather than a dreaded duty. You might even make a few new friends.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is”

“Teamwork: Together we can complete Everything through A Mindset of Willingness, Organization, Respect and Kindness.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment