Monday, November 8, 2010

Holy Communication

There is a simple prayer in the Christian Bible located in I Chronicles 4: 10. It is called “The Prayer of Jabez.” Although I believe that any type of communication with the Divine is wonderful, this little prayer has proven to add a special positive punch to those people’s lives that I have shared it with.


The Prayer of Jabez

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying,

Oh that You would bless me indeed,
and enlarge my territory,
that Your hand always be with me,
and that You would keep me from evil,
that I may not cause pain.”

So God granted him what he requested. I Chronicles 4: 10

I share this with you for only one reason. Prayer is our bridge to the Most Glorious Creator. If you have no idea where to begin praying, this little prayer may help show you the light. If you have prayers that you prefer, may this blog remind you not to forget Goddess/God in your life.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Daily prayer shows our Creator that we want to participate in the Holy Covenant of Life.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment