Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Games People Play

So often we become consumed with the trivial aspects of our life that we forget that there ARE other people out there holding a greater need than we have. It is hard to understand sometimes, but true. Moments when I have been really tired, I am presented with another person in need or situation that my assistance in helping them supersedes my current fatigue.
Again, an example arises when I am so hungry that food is my focused thought. However, a calling to help another reminds me that I am not starving and my bodily desire can be prolonged a little longer.

These are tough lessons when my culture has reinforced just how special “I am” as an individual, above all others.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

“Look to help those in need and you will never do without.” tc

No comments:

Post a Comment