Saturday, March 13, 2010

A puffed perspective










I was fishing one afternoon on a rocky dam embankment.  I heard a flutter behind me and as I turned around, this little bird was sitting there. To my amazement, she did not fly off. I grabbed my camera and quickly snapped a photo. I resumed fishing with my new-found friend accompanying me on the shoreline. Thinking maybe she was hungry, I offered her a worm from my pack. She puffed her feathers up but did not fly away. After snapping several more photos, we sat together soaking up the afternoon sunshine.
The only conclusion that I could reach as to why this little bird was not afraid of me was that maybe she wanted a companion to share a moment with.  How lucky was I to be selected for that purpose? This little bird is a reminder to me that when things become challenging in life, sometimes it helps us get through the day by sharing it with another.

So, on that note, the quote of the day is:

"Face it....Some days nothing looks good." tc

No comments:

Post a Comment