Monday, June 13, 2016

Miracle Weeds


We novice gardeners have all purchased a bag or two of the Miracle Grow garden soil.  It is enriched with nutrients to stimulate rapid growth for flowers and vegetables, right?  Miracle Grow is used primarily for potted plants but occasionally added to nutrient-weak soil.
Well, this season I decided to plant a garden not simply potted flowers.

I rototilled the soil, raked the old weeds, grasses and mystery greens out of the designated area for planting.
I fertilized the soil with VERY AGED horse manure.
I selected the choice summer veggies to plant.
I waited until the moon phase was right for planting.
I prepared the soil, again for planting and put in my veggies.

A week passed.  Nothing.  Another week and .....WoW. Green Stuff was poking through the soil.  But, I noticed, there were more green stuff outside of my neatly prepared rows of onions, spinach, asparagus and tomatoes than crop sprouts.  Do you know what I discovered after the third week?

God had given me Miracle Soil!  Daily, I was in the garden pulling small basket loads of mystery sprouts from my perfectly planted garden rows.  Carefully, I tugged on any green stem that didn't match the veggies I had planted in order to dislodge root and all.   No matter what I did, the Miracle Soil was producing far more Miracle Weeds than the rate of growth of my summer vegetables.

It didn't take long to turn my novice green-thumb.......Blue hoo-hoo!

So, on that note:  "We are all Miracle Soil for Divine but some of our efforts will blossom more fruitfully than others."

No comments:

Post a Comment